Wednesday, October 29, 2008

When Season Collide

It snowed yesterday. I mean SNOWED. Not flurry. Not "blowing stuff." It flat out snowed.

When Bernard left for work, he came in and told me. Or at least I think he did. :) When Kristi woke up, invariably about half and hour before I want to, I told her to look out the window. She's three. I figured it would take her a good 15 minutes to figure out which window she wanted to look out, and another 15 to figure out what she was looking for.

Approximately 13 seconds later, she squeals, "MAMA!!!! IT SNOWED!!!!!! Can we go outside?"

(Note to self -- Do NOT try this any more).

About 15 minutes later, I hear Travis get up, and about 15 minutes 30 seconds later I hear, "MAN! MOM!!!! Can I snowboard????"

We get up, eat breakfast, get dressed, do something resembling schoolwork and then this ---












3 comments:

M. Steve Heartsill said...

Even homeschoolers deserve a "snow day" on the first day of snow...in Alabama, they shut down the world if snow is even mentioned!

Wow...October 29 and snow!

Bernard Shuford said...

Snow days are fun :) I miss them.

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Better you than me. :) Keep the snow. I grant you total freedom to do so.