Tuesday, April 17, 2007

April 11 - 15

So, on April 11, my hubby went into the hospital for open heart surgery. He had a congenital heart defect that had never been corrected, and was about the size of an
American half-dollar (for any non-USAers, that is about 30 mm or more in diameter, I think -- it was BIG).
The actual surgery took less than two hours, but I was not able to see him until about 6:00 that night. He looked like he had been rode hard and put up wet. Still, the nurses were surprised at how well he was doing. He had a lot less "tubes" coming out of him than most open heart patients and was able to move to a "regular" room the next morning.

Recovery hasn't been easy, and we still have moments where he feels like complete and total horse doo-doo, BUT, he is making progress and I can tell he is moving forward. How I'm going to keep him at home for three weeks is beyond me. :)

When I sit and think of the danger he has been in, I am awed at God' protective hand. HIS timing is perfect, and I praise HIM for how well Bernard has done.

These are shots I took while he was in the hospital.












And a little closer, now.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Abbott said...

Here's wishing for a complete and speedy recovery! Not an easy surgery to go through, I'm sure....but things will be much better in the end!