Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

A week late. I'm trying to get caught up here. My other blog Through the Windshield is also desperately behind, and I am hoping to remedy that, at least in part, today.

Times being what they are, and finances being what they are, Bernard and I just went out to eat and to the bookstore (by ourselves!!!). We decided on Cheddar's and after a wait of about 35 minutes, ate until we were literally stuffed. I'm not sure, but I vaguely remember Bernard rolling me out of there. But, oh man, it was good!!!

(Mushy warning ahead)
I know a lot of women who are married to men who are simply jerks. And, they don't mind being jerks to their wife in front of her friends and/or coworkers. That irks me beyond belief. Their husbands are thoughtless, obsessive, paranoid, and just generally crass.

I'm NOT married to one of them.

My husband is awesome. Yes, he has his faults, but they are small compared to many. Also, his attributes so far outweigh the faults it is not funny. He is more than willing to admit fault and say, "I'm sorry," and I have never felt unloved, or unwanted. I've also never had to question his faithfulness to me and the family, and he is truly a man of integrity. If he says it, he means it, and if he promises it, he will deliver.

So, Bernard, it is a bit late, but this is for you --

11 comments:

Bernard Shuford said...

Uh.

Aw.

I love you, too.

< /mushy off >

Tony said...

Blecthh.

Karma Shuford said...

@Tony: You're just jealous. :P

Tony said...

Nahhh.

I know what side my bread is buttered on. :)

Karma Shuford said...

Yea, definitely gotta keep #1 happy.

Tony said...

Yep! She does quite well keeping me happy!

:-O

Tony said...

Amidst this stimulating banter, I neglected to ask...where is Cheddar's? It sounds good.

Bernard Shuford said...

At the Walmart near the Asheville Mall, near the Lifeway store. That help? It's actually Cheddarz. And the wait was more like 55 minutes, but she forgot pretty quickly :)

Tony said...

Well, of course she forgot. She was with the most awesome man in the universe. Didn't you read the post? Why SHOULDN'T she forget???

:-) :-) :-)

Karma Shuford said...

35, 55 same thing.

Actually, it is closer to the Family Christian store near Wal-Mart.

Lifeway is near Chuck E. Cheese

and, Tony, I'll let you keep believing that you are number one. (karma snickers uncontrollably)

Karma Shuford said...

THat describes it pretty well, ole' Tony boy.