Monday, April 20, 2009

41 Reasons

Why I love you on your 41st birthday. . . (in no particular order)

(disclaimer and warning -- i'm not intentionally trying to make all you other men out there feel inadequate, but dang, when you got it, you got it, and Bernard's got it!!!!)

1. Black F-150, Grundy County Auction and the Mt. Pisgah Parking Lot on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

2. Your integrity and honesty.

3. You're musical ability.

4. Your socks match, and you tuck in your shirts and pockets on your own.

5. You will talk about your emotions and how you feel.

6. You're hardworking.

7. You're respected among peers.

8. You have cool scars.




9. You are unbelievably loyal.

10. Travis


11. Kristi


12. Bass fishing

13. Photography


14. Beating me at chess.

15. Cool hair.

16. Your analytic ability.

17. You provide for your family.

18. You know how to, and will do, laundry, and you will do housework.

19. You serve your church faithfully -- out of love not duty or obligation.


20. You change my oil and you can fix things.

21. You like to read.

22. You are intelligent.

23. You have a nice body. :P

24. You're good at math.

25. You mow the yard.

26. You look sexy in your sunglasses.



27. You know a lot about a lot of things.

28. You respect your parents, grandparents, and family (both yours and mine).

29. You are wise and exercise caution.

30. You think things through thoroughly.

31. You kiss GOOD!


32. You show emotions in public.

33. You will fix your own breakfast and don't expect me to get up at the crack of dawn and cook for you.

34. You don't complain about my cooking.

35. You laugh at my jokes.


36. You like gadgets.

37. Your beliefs are sincere -- you act what you believe.

38. You are compassionate and conscientious.

39. Yer a gud speelr.

40. The way you come in every morning to pray with me before you leave for work, even if I'm only half-conscious.

41. You love me and I can trust you to always love ME.

5 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Way cool post Karma. Congrats to B on #41. Wishing you both a good day. Best one? His integrity is intact. That alone makes him an awesome father (obvious) and a good husband (I will let you answer that one!)

Bernard Shuford said...

Wow. That's a lot to live up to. Thanks, girlfriend. You rock :)

What the flip is a "flectus"?????

Karma Shuford said...

Live up to? These are all things you've already done!!! I love you, and Happy Birthday.

Bernard Shuford said...

Yeah, but I don't want to break the cycle...

Karma Shuford said...

:) You won't. :)