Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mountain Paparazzi

So, we are driving through Pigeon Forge, looking for our motel, and see that there is going to be a parade. After just a few minutes, I realize it is the Dolly Parton parade (don't know what it is really called), and that Dolly was going to be appearing soon.

My husband is driving, so I grab my camera, tell him to roll down the window, and start shooting.

Nothing.

It's on.

Shoot.

Nothing.

What the??? At this point, I am almost panicking thinking that my camera is broken. :( :( :(

Then, I see it -- the flashing "No CF card" message. Awww man. grumble, cuss, grumble, grumble, cuss (though admittedly the words I said were NOTHING compared to what I was thinking!)

We finish watching the parade, cut back a side road, and continue in our quest to find our motel.

WoooHHooooo. The back road we were on, is the same back road Dolly is taking. This is the shot I got of her (through my windshield).



Bernard got my camera and got a couple of shots with her standing up -- her profile and from behind. He jokes that you can tell what he was looking at. :)

2 comments:

Tony said...

If that is what Bernard was looking at, and I seriously doubt it, just remember she looks really good for 63. :)

Bernard Shuford said...

My dear wife needs to refrain from committing EVERY word that I utter to blogdom.

Hint. Hint. Hint.

:)