Monday, May 04, 2009

Wow.

Parenting is not for weenies. Seriously.

When Travis had his first stomach virus, it was rough. Ditto with snot. Both make me a bit squeamish.

That was NOTHING compared to blood, though. >karma passes out<

Last Monday, Travis took a baseball to the nose. Blood and more blood. Bernard joked that I didn't take a picture of it. Truth be told, I couldn't look at it without almost passing out.

Today, I was about 70 miles away doing testing for a private school. Just as I'm finishing up the last student, I get a text message from Bernard -

trav at er


I panicked. Why? Broken arm? Seizure? I finally get a hold of someone and find out that he was climbing up on the back of the pickup truck, the tailgate wasn't secure and it opened as he climbed. He fell backwards and apparently cut his head on the wood pile behind him. Ouch.

By the time I could get to the ER, he was already being sewn up. This time, I did get pictures (and more than a bit nauseous).



So, I've decided in order to maintain my sanity (not to mention my breakfast), I am going to purchase a couple of giant gerbil exercise balls. Then, my children will be safe.

Here is a picture of the prototype --

2 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

I chuckled Karma. Not at Travis' "boy things" but at our common response to injury and blood. Actually I find myself better with blood than vomit. Now there I will join them. But I really chuckled at your solution. Great idea! Hope he is better.

Bernard Shuford said...

If somebody would have answered the half dozen or so phone calls before I SENT the text message, maybe it wouldn't have been so cryptic... :)