Sunday, October 12, 2008

Birthday on the Parkway

For my birthday (number 38), we went on a picnic on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The leaves have started to turn, and should be really vibrant in about a week.

Some things I saw today --






The cute kids




And finally, oh my goodness. I won't say a lot, for fear of embarrassing myself (or him), but mmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn. Look at this--





(No, it isn't a religious experience [though I may be having one]; he is catching a football).

10 comments:

Bernard Shuford said...

Cute football, cute leaves, cute scenery, cute kids.

Other than that, oh boy. Thanks for thinking I'm grand even though it's obvious that you're deluded.

143

Karma Shuford said...

Ha. I just realized something -- you look huge holding that football!!!

143

Bernard Shuford said...

Especially around the waistline :(

M. Steve Heartsill said...

You two are so funny!

Don't even need to ask if you had a great time...it is obvious!

Karma Shuford said...

We did have a good time -- even though it was windy and cold.

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Sorry I am late to your party. Happy birthday Miss K. And I hope you were able to hold them thoughts until later. :)

Karma Shuford said...

I have decent self control. most of the time. ;)

Bernard Shuford said...

Are those red marks in that picture on purpose? Did you mean to explain them or something? I'm 'fused.

Karma Shuford said...

Yep.. If you click on it, it shows where LJ and Main St Waynesville are. Or it does in the original. the resizing algorithm does preserve it very well. . . .

Bernard Shuford said...

OIC.

:)