Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Adventure

I decided to go to the grocery store today (yea -- triple coupons). The only problem was that yesterday I had to leave the van at the bottom of the hill and walk in.

That means I had to walk OUT to the van today.

I waited until the thermometer showed over 40 (42 to be exact) and bundled the kids up for a trek.

Here is what we were facing --



Turn to the left 90d and this is what you see --


(There really is a difference between northern exposure and southern exposure).

Just to review --

Northern exposure


Southern exposure



Kristi, who is not quite 4, felt the whole journey *might* be too long for her, so we offered to assist in her transportation. Obviously, I couldn't take a picture of myself, so here is Trav showing our mode of transportation



Since I didn't know what faced me on the other side of the hill, my plan was to use the sled to haul the groceries back in the event that our van wouldn't climb the hill. However, the sun had helped us out and melted the first leg of the driveway, and the part I couldn't make it up yesterday (when it looked like this)

Before/After




On my other blog -- another picture from our neighborhood

No comments: