Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Gray Days

If it is going to be gray in January, I want snow, not rain. :) Of course, today would have been a BAD day for nasty weather because Bernard was on the road. Still, though.

Of course, the weather kinda matches my mood. :P

Last night was the first night in over a week that I didn't have a dream where I was trying to hold back a rolling car, being washed over by waves at high tide, driving in a flood, swimming in deep water and not getting up to breath, or something similar. I'm not one to do "dream interpretation," but I have been feeling fairly overwhelmed lately, and I think it is smacking me in my sleep.

My pictures are also showing it, somewhat. For the past week, even my color shots have been black and white. No kidding.

These shots, for example, were shot in color. Processed, and never converted to black and white, but still . . . .








I believe it is time for me to "Be still, and know that HE IS GOD."

No matter what the future holds, it is okay. He will take care of my family, and whatever His plan, if the status quo for my life does change, it will be for the better in the long run.

Scary? Very much so. At least for me. I don't like change. Heck, I'm not all hot fired happy over "challenges" in life. So at this point, when things *could* stay the same, or they *could* change majorily, I have to trust God. If I try to deal with it on my own, I will fighting those waves for quite some time.

It IS time for me to be still.

3 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

K: FWIW-the pictures are fantastic. I think sometimes the b&w are just as eye-catching as the color. As for the gray: methinks you are going through a down time right now. Consider this a warning: as Camey says, "dangerous prayers are being said for you." I wont' do the cliche thing and tell you to hang in there and things will get better. Just remember there are a whole bunch of people who love you.

M. Steve Heartsill said...

The photos are just what God wanted intended to come out, I have no doubt...and they sure serve as a good reminder of just how much you (and the rest of us) need God and a strong relationship with Him...

Karma Shuford said...

Thanks guys. I appreciate the words AND the prayers.