Wednesday, March 22, 2006

March 22, 2006


Orange Hairball

The surface this was sitting on was a yucky yellow color. I wanted it white, but couldn't get it to work without washing out the color of the orange. (I was trying to follow dpc's basic rules).

So, I played with the levels, saturation (totally desaturated the yellow), and contrast and brightness a bit. Then, at my husband's suggestion, I inverted the colors to a "negative." I fully expected it to do something, but not what it did. The orange turned back orange and the yellow turned almost white. More contrast adjustments, and I got it close. The other nice effect was that I got some shadows giving it a bit more depth and dimension.

Lite touch of neatimage.

And there you have it.

This is a toy of my son's. It is like a really big koosh ball, only the "fingers" are thicker. It is called a "hairball."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought a pink one of those that lights up. Wicked on the eyes at night. Great shot.

Anonymous said...

I actually don't even know why I suggest inversion... I had no idea what you were trying to accomplish. I was just rattling, you know? :) It did help it, though!

Anonymous said...

Hey I have a green one like that! And yes I've taken pictures of it.

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one who doesn't own one of these? It makes for a really cool shot though! Well done! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, great shot, I almost thought it was cheese coming out fo a shredder for a second, awesome colors!

Anonymous said...

I was just curious where you all bought this hairball. It is a very cool picture and it looks like a wonderful toy.