Monday, March 06, 2006

March 4, 2006


Waiting to Ride

We decided to take Travis to see a rodeo. We figured he would like the horses and stuff, and he did. His favorite event was the barrell racing. Why? Because that is when the girls rode. The little guy goes absolutely bonkers about girls. ;)

I enjoy people watching at things like rodeos. There were people there in their Wranglers, western shirts, boots and cowboy hats, and the funny thing is, they didn't dress special to come. That's just how they dress. They also knew the words to every single country song that was played. I had on jeans, a black shirt and tennis shoes and a black leather jacket. I looked out of place. BUT, I was comfortable in that environment. Growing up here, and living here all my life, being a little bit redneck/good ole' boy is just a way of life. (I, however, did not know the words to the country songs, and my son was ready to leave. Country is the one kind of music he absolutely does not like to listen to).

This shot was taken from about 75 yards away with my 200. I had it on 1600 ISO so that I could use a decent shutter speed. Looking at it now, I need a bit more contrast in it. When I used the noise reduction, it softened up the focus and the bw a bit.

Oh yea, this gal was a bullrider. They were stretching and getting ready for the event. While they (the other bullriders) didn't completely ostracize her, you could tell she wasn't really part of the group. I suspect largely because she is a she. I, personally, don't understand why anyone (male or female) wants to crawl on a large animal that doesn't want them there, but they seem to enjoy it. For whatever her reasons are, I hope she gets what she wants and enjoys the ride. All 8 seconds of it. ;)

No comments: