Tuesday, February 14, 2006

February 13, 2006


The things we fear.

When I was little, my older brother and sister used to tell me all kinds of scary things about basements. We didn't have one, so of course I believed every word of it. (And that is just one of many mean things they did to me). I was especially terrified of my aunt and uncle's basement, though I'm not sure why. I have outgrown this fear, to a large degree, though I won't go down these steps without the light on!

The other fear is stairs. I absolutely hate them. I'm not phobic in that I avoid them, I am just really really cautious and slow. And if there is a handrail, yep, I'm holding on for dear life. (Incidentally, the handrail here is cloned out -- helped the symmetry a bit).

Kind of an odd subject just before Valentine's Day, eh what? ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great shot of a normal everyday object, I think i'd burn the heck out of the bottom landing area of the stairs (what can be seen in between the doorframe) would add to the mystery of the below, just MHO!

Anonymous said...

Really conveys your fear. This would have been good for the 'phobias' challenge on DPC recently.
Also, I like Mike's suggestion of the stairs going off into the deep =;-)

Anonymous said...

excellent portrayal of your fears. I for one love stairs....I find them strangely inviting. Basements are cool too......what mysteries lurk below?
great shot!