Monday, February 27, 2006

February 27, 2006


Baby Shoes

(Wow, where has the month gone?????)

Two of the most important people in my life are under 4 feet tall. One of them currently wears these shoes (and will probably walk in the next 3 to 4 weeks) and the other one had a pair very similar to them.

You've seen their pictures (and will undoubtedly see more), and to try to describe them would take a lot more space than you are willing to read. (Maybe I should devote a whole week to each of them, like soni did with her kids. That was cool).

So, in looking at these baby shoes, I am reminded, once again, how quickly they grow up. I remember bringing Travis home from the hospital and being so totally overwhelmed at this little baby boy completely dependent on ME. That was scary. Then, three years later, bringing home the little girl. I was less nervous, this time, but still in awe of them.

At one point, my ob/gyn had a posters on the ceilings (ladies, I am sure you can figure out why. Guys, ask your lady). One of them said, "Babies show that God still has hope for the world."

Sometimes I read the news, or see stuff, and wonder what have I done by bringing two more little innocents into this world (until Kristi gets mad, then she can flat out bite~~)? But, I know that I can commit to raising them the best I know how, and teaching them how to be "successful" (not necessarily by the world's standards).

My children are definitely loved.

<3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Under four feet??? You either come from a short family, or you have kids! Beautiful shot too!

Anonymous said...

Excellent composition and lighting - very nice job.