Wednesday, February 08, 2006

January 8, 2006


From the Ground, Up

The land around our house is extremely wet. I don't know if it is a series of underground springs, or just one big honking one. While neighbors redrill wells, ours keeps on pumping away.

The down side is that every winter, it gets cold and the water just under the ground freezes and pushes up. (The brown things are little bitty dirt clods). Then, they melt, and we have nice loose topsoil. Unfortunately, it is usually on a hill so that means erosion when the rains come. Interesting cycle.

Back to the picture. Taken with my +4, +2, and +1 rings almost "blindly" because of the angle I was having to shoot and I couldn't see through the viewfinder.

The area represented is probably one to two inches wide.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not quite sure I understood what the photo is, but it has some very nice lines and texture to it. I have to look into getting some tubes one day.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the ends of fibre-glass.

Karma Shuford said...

It's icicles coming up from the ground. Sorry I didn't make that clearer.

Anonymous said...

This is really cool. I figured out what it was by reading your description. I've never seen anything like this in my world. Nita