Wednesday, February 22, 2006

February 22, 2006



I was thinking the other day about how I would describe myself to someone meeting me for the first time; someone with no knowledge about who or what I am. It got kinda complicated. I have never fit into any one "mold."

To the redneck, I probably look high class. To the high class, I look redneck.

To the non-intellectual, I come across as smart. To the true genius, I am an idiot. :)

I listen to country, comtemporary Christian, pop, classical, "oldies" (which now seems to include the 70s and 80s -- when did that happen?), and even bluegrass occasionally.

I like 5 star dining, and I like McDonalds. There's nothing like a good 4X4 to take to the Monster Truck show, but then, that Jag would be great to take to the ballet as well.

I'm a former public school teacher (now at the Community College level) who wholeheartedly supports homeschooling.

I seem to be made up of opposing forces, so I decided to use my photography to help me (and anyone that reads this) understand me better.

So, today's picture is a Bible. The first and foremost important thing in my life is my relationship with Christ. {Please note, I did NOT say "religion."} The Bible (just one tool in my walk with Him) is how I get to know God/Christ better. It's stories comfort, encourage, convict, and direct me. The passages between these two covers has given me answers to some of life's most troublesome questions. It has made me cry. It has made me laugh. When life is swirling around me in a sewersome current, I can trust the Bible to give me the words I need to hear.

So, today's PaD is my Bible -- my guidebook for life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Godd Subject, and even better blog to go with it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful image and the background to go with it. It's always wonderful to see a well-used book as well, bible or otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Very nice shot of a well used book... Enjoyed reading your comments..At times I am conflicted the same way.. Love to wear those T-shirts and Jeans but you can dress me up and take me out as well. Thanks for the wonderful read. :)

Anonymous said...

"A well-worn Bible speaks much of the soul of the owner." Something my Great-grandmother used to say - I thought it was appropriate! :)
Love the shot.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Pic :) Your words also were very inspiring to me, thanks for that.