Friday, February 24, 2006

February 24, 2006


With this Ring

I had originally planned to "tell" about me in an organized, logical fashion. BUT, as life would have it, that ain't happenin' this time around. I guess in one sense, it's almost more logical this way -- my life is kinda haphazard a lot of times too.

Anyway. If you were to meet me in person, you would know that any conversation won't go far without some mention of my husband or kids. Tonight, the picture represents my husband and marriage. (If you want to see his PaD, click on the "nards656" link over there ------>)

Bernard and I started dating in December 1993. I was a college senior, and he was, well "grown-up." :) About six months earlier, I had gone to a funeral to make a guy's girlfriend mad (yea, real mature, eh what?), and the place was packed. As many southern funerals go, there was local quartet singing. I won't say it was love at first sight, but I do remember standing in the very back of the church, seeing Bernard, and thinking, "Hey, there is a potential." (Yea, real mature again.) My next thought, though, and I kid you not, was "But he is only about 16." I was 22; might be a stretch there . ..

After the funeral, we were hanging out talking, because that is what good southern people do after funerals, and a woman that I have known practically all my life comes up and says she wants to introduce me to her nephew. Oh, Lord.

Then, she walks up with the "16" year old. Is she crazy???? Nope, he just looks almost 10 years younger than what he really is. We met. Good. On with our lives.

SIX months later, he calls. The rest is history. Well, except for 3 days earlier in our "courtship" when I decided "maybe not."

We were married on May 10, 1997. He is my best friend and my confidant. Things aren't always perfect, but I am committed to him and the life we have chosen to live together. When I look at friends around me, I know that Bernard is a true blessing from God.

:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great background info and a nice photo.

Anonymous said...

What a sentimental shot, and a great write-up as well.