Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Go Fish!

We went fishing today on the Qualla Indian Reservation.

There was only one small mishap (that I was responsible for)
and this wasn't it. :)

Kristi has a Barbie fishing pole that is about 2 or 2.5 feet long. I went to cast it for her, and about halfway through, my shoulder said, "Nope, you are NOT!" and without thinking, I opened my hand and the rod followed the hook. What I wish I did have was a picture of Bernard's face. He just said, "Why did you do that?" or something to that effect. Unfortunately, some of the others fishing there saw it. Fortunately, they either didn't say anything or thought Kristi had done it. :P

(Oh yea. The picture. There is a set of power lines going above one of the ponds we were fishing in.)

Travis caught between 15 and 17 (we lost count). This is just one of many that I could have taken a shot of (kinda unhealthy looking, but I promise to all the PETA people that may happen by, he swam off happily a few seconds later)


another one --




Kristi also caught her first fish.


But, frankly, she was more interested in having her picture made!




Bernard caught several. Here's one --



And just in case you don't get enough looking at Bernard -- (ain't he hot!)


I caught five, and would have loved to keep fishing, but the ole' shoulder didn't see a need for that. So, here I sit, heating pad giving me some relief. :P I'm not liking this getting older stuff, btw.

7 comments:

Bernard Shuford said...

Ketchin feesh ees fun!

- Hotness

Tony said...

My brother had "This is Why I'm Hot" by Nelly (I think) on his "Please listen to the music while your party is reached" on his cell phone. I really hated calling him. Now he's off saving the world.

Karma Shuford said...

Had to look that one up; i don't think I'd ever heard it.

I feel edumacated now.

Tony said...

Probably more education than you bargained for. I didn't think twice about that one until I hit publish. Sorry if I offended...

Karma Shuford said...

Duuuuuude, I taught in an alternative high school setting for five years. Not much in that realm offends me.

Actually, not much at all offends me.

I received quite an edumacation from my students in those 5 years as well. Not necessarily in the subjects I would WANT to learn about, but still. . .

M. Steve Heartsill said...

Loved the pictures! Would love to be out fishing today as well...but then again, it is a little too cold to do that today, even for me!

You have a great family! Next time, be sure to let Bernard take a shot of the fish you caught...that gives some proof!

Karma Shuford said...

I don't let people take pictures of me. :P