Thursday, December 25, 2008

True Randomness -- Christmas Traditions and Memories

I remember. . .

peeking at a present and being so proud of myself for "rewrapping" it so that it was not noticeable. It was a Sesame Street figure (I was probably four or five).

Using empty wrapping paper rolls, Kelly (older sister) and I would "sword fight" for hours.

Opening said presents and watching my brother never change his expression.

Always getting a BIG candy cane and box of thin mints in my stocking.

Neon socks and penny loafers.

Opening presents, eating lunch, going to Mimaw's -- in that order.

Mimaw's peanut butter pinwheel candy, mint candy, gopher balls, fudge.

Getting the pink huffy dirt bike and riding with Anthony and Patrick (who had just gotten yellow and blue ones) in 6 inches of snow.

Playing Donkey Kong on my Atari for HOURS!

Handel's MESSIAH sing alongs at App State.

Auditioning for "the horse" in Sleighride.

Christmas Eve at Mimaw and Papaw Shuford's -- looking like a domestic violence victim because I had just had surgery to remove wisdom teeth.

A very special kiss later that night. :) :) :) :)

Exchanging presents with Bernard -- and giving him almost exactly what he gave me!

Hot chocolate at the Dixie Stampede.

Christmas lights in Pigeon Forge.

Going to PF -- sick, but insisting on going.

Driving around looking at lights.

Trav's first Christmas -- he was so tired and had so many presents, he almost wouldn't open them at home.

Making cookies with Travis and Kristi.

Family Christmas pictures.



(technically, Bernard took this shot. I had the idea and arranged everyone, and did the "post processing," but he actually set the camera up and pushed the shutter button).

Stockings!!! (My mom is the stocking queen).

Conspiring to ruin Kasey's Christmas.

The year Kasey got a "Throw in a Row"


Kasey getting revenge by arranging "The Christmas Story" Christmas to aggravate Kelly.

The year Pops got at least 6 bottles of Old Spice.

The year Brayden got several boxes of cocoa mix.

Christmas plays, cantatas, and those brown paper bag sacks with two oranges, one apple, a Hershey bar, and a some peppermint candy.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Randomness from 2008

Apparently, my nephews' version includes Joseph wearing dreds. . . . .


What an attitude (the blue mouth is from a sucker she had just eaten)

No comments: