Tuesday, September 02, 2008

112 Day Challenge

It is 113 days until Christmas (I know this because there is a counter at All Toes in the Water.)

A while back, I was doing a 100 day challenge to lose weight and get healthier, overall. Not long after that, we had the GREAT SHUFORD SCALE SNAFU.

Needless to say, I was so discouraged, I just quit. Seriously. I still almost cry when I think about it. (Actually, I think I'm just hormonal or something lately. I cry all the time. I was watching a rap video on youtube and cried. I read a letter from an inmate in a "money request" we got from and organization and cried. So, be nice to me, or you may make me cry, as well.)

But, lack of battery juice is no excuse to die early of heart disease, so back at it again.

I was going to start today, by giving up chocolate. Then, Bernard told me he had chosen to stop smoking. So, I decided that since alcohol and smoking were much more destructive and unhealthy than chocolate, I would give them up first. Good idea, don't you think?

So, on day -1 of my 112 day challenge, I am hereby swearing off cigarettes and drinking alcohol. I feel healthier already.

If all goes as planned, on Christmas day, I should weigh anywhere from 32 to 48 pounds less than I do now. (that is 2 - 3 pounds a week for those of you wondering).


.

.


.



.





.





.






.






.






.





.





.






.




(Just so you know, neither Bernard or I drink alcohol of any kind or smoke anything.)

3 comments:

M. Steve Heartsill said...

I'll be nice...

Good luck on eating healthier...

I'll be praying for you! Both of you!

I'll especially pray for Bernard...since you are so horminal...he'll need it!

Thanks for the plug!

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Hey there K! Glad to hear that y'all are taking the plunge to start eating right. But be careful what you tell Steve. He likes to make fun of my eating habits. :) I do think this is something Christ-followers need to take heed to. We talk against gossip, lying, etc but we (and many pastors) never look past their double or triple chins because it hits home.I will ask God to give you staying power for the diet thingy.

As for the hormonal thing: tell Bernard to get used to it. He may find himself carrying around a box of kleenex for you at all times. And a padded box for him to bang his head against. Trust me I know.

M. Steve Heartsill said...

Bill...Bill...Bill...you have to bring all of this up on Karma's site? How shameful of you to do that! You are bigger than that...or so I thought...guess not...

Karma...don't listen to Bill...Go back and read my comments...out of the five sentences in my comments...four of them are encouraging and prayerful. Only one is simply playful...losing weight it tough! Keeping it off is even harder...or least that's true for me.

In 2010, the state of Alabama is going to impose a "fat tax" for any state employee overweight! They will be charged an extra $25 per month on their health insurance...to avoid that, they can join a weight program through the state...

Alabama is the second heaviest state in the US...

Too many of us struggle with our weight...double and triple chins and all...

Now...Bill...I'll take up my conversation with you on YOUR site or MINE!