Thursday, September 11, 2008

Come Again????

. . .or so it would seem.

I'm not a big reader of the LA Times. There are probably numerous reasons, but just suffice it to say, I'm not. Nor, do I frequent their blogs. However, this writing on their website caught my attention.

Headline: Canadian doctor warns Sarah Palin's decision to have Down baby could reduce abortions

Awesome! The premise being that when people see a successful woman/family with a DS baby, they will reconsider before aborting when the test comes back positive for DS.

But, apparently, to this doctor, it is BAD news because it means that fewer families will opt to abort the baby.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!


Regardless of your opinion of Palin, it does encourage me that someone in a very visible position shows that a person with downs can be loved, is lovable, and plays a valuable role in society.

I'll stop short of drawing a parallel between this Canadian's doctor's views and that of some of the doctor's in Nazi Germany, but the thought did cross my mind.

Oh yea, you can read it here --

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/sarah-palin-dow.html

There are comments there, but I tend to avoid those as they just turn into slingfests.

1 comment:

M. Steve Heartsill said...

I really don't know whether or not I am surprised by anything the liberal media says these days (and the LA paper is about the most liberal there is)...

A woman can't be president...
A woman can't be a mother and be president...
A woman can't be a wife and be president...

Unless her name is Hillery Clinton...

Would the liberal press be saying the same things if Clinton had been nominated...

And abortions will go down? GREAT! It's about time!