Sunday, September 07, 2008

5/112

It's Sunday, so I don't count nor quabble* on this day.

I AM, however, feeling yesterday. Did I mention we went to the NC Mountain State Fair yesterday morning?

I won two red ribbons.

Professional Class -- Black and White Portrait


and Professional Class -- Color Sports/Action


and from the games --

Obligatory Trav shot -- notice he is actually tackling the guy with the ball. THAT was a big deal to him. He got his name called out several times for doing this. :) They got pounded (long, long, long story), but they hung in there and really tried hard.


My nephew, Sawyer. He doesn't get to carry the ball much, so I was excited about getting this shot.


And, I love to watch #17 run. He is just fun to watch.




*quabble -- verb. Worrying about the caloric intake of what you are eating vs. the caloric expenditure of what you are doing. To not quabble would be to not care. :P

11 comments:

M. Steve Heartsill said...

I think #66 has some potential! He might should get used to having his name called...as he progresses through school!

Bernard Shuford said...

Nice work, hot shot!

:)

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Very cool picture K! Did anyone ever tell you that you do good work? If they do...don't quabble about it 'cause you do.

Bernard Shuford said...

She's also cute while she does that good work :)

Karma Shuford said...

Thank you guys. :)

Day 6 -- Upped my walking to 2 laps. Will give up soft drinks today (aarrgghh -- day 7).

Bernard Shuford said...

I've given up on giving up soft drinks. Tea gives me heartburn and I GOTTA have some flavor.

Besides, Mountain Dew is the greatest invention of mankind. :)

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Bernard i think you are somewhat prejudiced. You need to keep those risque comments out of the blog. :)

You go girl!

Mountain Dew? Try Diet Dr. Pepper. That is the real drink of champions.

Bernard Shuford said...

Gagg. Puke. Garggh.

Karma Shuford said...

Cheerwine is the bomb, and I love Dr. Pepper. but none of that mamby-pamby diet stuff.

Unfortunately, I haven't had either since about 1993. :(

Just sprite, sierra mist and 7up for me.

Shouldn't be too hard to give up, should it?????

Bill (cycleguy) said...

If that is all i had to give up I would have licked the pop addiction long ago. Those are nasty "drinks" But to each his own.

Karma Shuford said...

Day 7 -- chocolate fast went out the window -- but I didn't drink soft drinks.