Tuesday, November 01, 2011

November Thankfulness -- 1

I see several of my friends on facebook posting one thing each day they are thankful for. I thought that was a splendid idea, and decided to play along.

Only one teeny tiny problem.

I could not come up with ONE thing I was thankful for for the day.

I would thank of one, then another, then another, then another. Within minutes, I had a fairly long list of things. It was kinda like taking a kid in a toy or candy store and offering to buy them ANYTHING they wanted, but only one thing. If you've never done this, try it. I would wager MOST kids will take FOREVER choosing because they will keep changing their mind.

So, I am not limiting myself to one a day. I do, however, want to post everyday with what I am thankful for THAT day. And why.

* I am thankful that my son got the teacher he did for his first year of "real" school. She truly loves the children, is a woman of God, and has been a blessing to him (and me) during this HUGE transition.

* My health and my families' health. My kids are healthy. We battle the occasional tummy ache or snuffy nose, but that is it. My husband is still alive and kicking. Based on what we learned in 2007 about his heart defect, this is a miracle. The "problems" I may have are NOTHING compared to what some of my friends are going through.

*I have a house that keeps me warm, cool, and dry. And it is a nice house.

* God is in control of what is going on, and I don't have to worry about the future.

No comments: