Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankfulness -- Day 13

In January, 2000, I had the privilege to travel with a group to Moscow. While on the trip, we visited hospitals, schools, and orphanages/boarding schools. I remember well standing in the lobby of one of the hospitals talking to the patients on the geriatric ward. As the group leader got to discussing Christ and his love, a couple of men left and some of the women looked absolutely terrified while looking up and down the hall.

Unsure what was happening, we stopped and just asked if everything was okay. One lady explained that they grew up under communism, and the way were talking could have gotten all of us arrested.

Though they were no longer communist, they still couldn't believe they were free.

So, for day 13, I am thankful that I am free to worship, and beyond that, I am FREE in Christ.

No comments: