Saturday, November 05, 2011

Thankfulness - Day 5



Today, I am thankful for my grandmothers and the Godly heritage they gave me.

Lela Kilby Mull "Mom" was a prayer warrior and fantastic cook.

Mattie Lucille Valentine "Mimaw" was a dear woman to me. Also a good cook (I wonder if my current physical shape was as impressed by them as my spiritual?), I remember her being there for me when life knocked me down.

Neither grandmother was financially well off, so they didn't give me money, or leave me an estate.

But, what they did give me was longer lasting and far more valuable. From them, I learned to call upon the Lord, to love unconditionally, and to trust in the Lord.

For that, I am thankful.


(The picture above is my grandmother Mattie Valentine, taken around July, 1970. I am sitting on the right and my cousin Danette is sitting on the left. Standing (l to r) is my sister Kelly,my cousin Scotty, my cousin David, my brother Kevin, my cousin Dale and my cousin Shannon).

No comments: