Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Thankfulness - Day 8

Today is difficult. Not because I don't have things to be thankful for, I have many, but because my heart is heavy.

Trav's teacher is facing a fairly significant surgery and will be out for several weeks. In addition to my concern about her and her family, there is also the pain of watching my little boy's anxiety of worrying about his beloved teacher and wondering how he will get along with the substitute.

On top of that, I am making some fairly weighty decisions concerning my "career" and Kristi's education.

On top of that, I am dealing with some disappointments in things not working the way I want and the feeling of rejection that comes with it.

I think, then, for these things I will be thankful.

For when I am carrying a heavy load, there is Someone beside me who will carry me.

When I am anxious, He will hold me and remind me that it is going to be alright.

When I am worried about the future, He reminds me that He is *holding* the future.

So, today, I am thankful that "HE IS!"

No comments: