Friday, November 04, 2011

Thankfulness - Day 4




Today, I am thankful to live where I live. I currently reside about 14 miles from the house I grew up in. I have only had two addresses in my entire life. I guess for some, that would be boring, and perhaps it is, but I prefer to see it as stable. :P

It is a small, rural town and while we don't have some of the "experiences" that bigger cities can offer, the peace and tranquility that exists is a fair trade, I think.

Even though I went to Tuscola (one side of the county) and now live on the Pisgah side, I usually see someone I know whenever I am out in town. At the Bethel Mall (aka Dollar General), I have yet to go in and NOT see someone I know.

To me, it is comforting to know that there will be a familiar, and usually friendly, face just around the corner. I like knowing my kids' friends' parents and even grandparents. I like that my kids go to school with several of their cousins. I like that when my son or daughter is invited to a birthday party, it is okay if the other one tags along (kristi knows Trav's friends as well as he does, I think).

Good or bad, I like that our family has a "history" here.

No comments: