Thursday, November 03, 2011

Thankfulness -- Day 3

Wow. I started several times today to write this post, and kept putting off. Now, I've made it extra challenging because, to be honest, I'm a bit mad about a situation, and hurt and bewildered. However, it just reminds me that God does not deserve our praise and thanksgiving just when we are all warm and fuzzy inside.

I'm also reminded that for the past two weeks, I have been teaching my Sunday School class about Romans 8:28. Now, I'm having a chance to apply it, painful as it may be.

I am thankful that all things will work for good, even when I can't see the good. I'm thankful that my Lord, and Savior, has a plan, He knows the plan, and that plan is good for me. These bumps in the road are simply reminders to trust Him and what his plan is for me.

I'm also reminded that in the big picture, the bumps are small. Mere blips even. I'm upset and frustrated over a trivial matter that in a few years (months, weeks, or even days) will be irrelevant, while people I know are living their final days on Earth in pain, struggling with a recent cancer diagnosis, worrying over a wayward child, wondering how they are going to feed their family, or have just found out they will no longer have a job in 2 weeks.

God knows what I need, when I need it, even if it is not what I think I need.

Being thankful is humbling.

No comments: