Monday, May 26, 2008

6" Ham and Cheese on Wheat, Please

So, Doc makes a comment on my blog yesterday. Since I had never heard of her, I went to her blog and checked it out. There, I read about the boycott of Subway. Then, today, I got an email about it from a local homeschooler.

Without getting too wordy, or verbose, I will simply say this -- We are continually exhorted to live so that we are different from the world. In my opinion, (and this is my blog, so I can have those, you know), boycotts, protests, placards, and what not, are very much how the world deals with things.

So, how can I, as a Christian, deal with this "travesty?"

Hmmm, how about writing a letter to Subway and letting them know that it wasn't a necessity to exclude homeschools. Instead, they could simply make a provision that the "prize" could only be awarded to a non-profit organization of the winners choice.

I think claiming that Subway "hates" homeschoolers and is anti-homeschooling is a bit over the top. I think someone in their contest development department made a mistake.

Those happen, you know?

Now, about that sandwich.

No comments: