Monday, May 19, 2008

God Works even IF UPS doesn't

Late last week, I decided that I needed to take my laptop AND my dslr to DC this week. So, since I had a B&H Photo gift card, I ordered a backpack and paid a significant chunk for next day air with UPS.

Today, I check the tracking, expecting to see "Out for Delivery." Instead, it says, "RESCHEDULED FOR DELIVERY ON MAY 20th." Ummmmm, no, not acceptable. Truly not good. My blood pressure went up, I got upset, grouchy, cantankerous, crabbed, cranky, cross, irascible, nasty, peevish, petulant, querulous, snappish, surly, testy, ugly, waspish, and grouchy . You get the point. (Isn't irascible the coolest looking word).

I called UPS and complained. I emailed B&H.

I prayed -- not that God would get my bag to me, but that I would accept this and deal with it a bit more gracefully than I was.

I then resigned myself to packing my camera and/or laptop in my checked luggage (cringe).

At 10:15, I heard a vehicle in the driveway. At 10:16, the doorbell rang.

It was my local, friendly UPS man. WooooHOOOooooooo!

6 hours earlier than he would normally deliver.

Delivering something that, supposedly, he was not to get until tomorrow.

You can give UPS credit if you want. To me, God delivered again.

Go God!

Picture coming soon

No comments: