Thursday, May 01, 2008

May 1, 2008

Um, could someone please tell me where April went????

April 11 marked the one year anniversary of Bernard's heart surgery. Wow. It seems like just a day or so ago. Of course, he is doing well -- he works 14 and 15 hour days now, so he obviously has more stamina.

Two pics -- from April 07 to Easter Sunday, March 08 --




(Also of note, just after the 1 year mark, nards celebrated the big 4 - 0!! Happy belated birthday, babe!) <---- I can talk to him in my blog because he is the only one that reads it. hahahahahha

April was also the month that Trav read his first book, solo, for pleasure. We were going to Asheville, or just running errands, and he read "The Foot Book" by Dr. Suess. He was soooooooo proud of himself (and I was proud of him, too. and thrilled that he is enjoying reading). The logical thing would be to post a picture of him reading. But, I'm not logical, and I have a picture that encapsulates his overall general attitude so much better. . . .



And then there's Kristi. She didn't break anything this month (on her body), but she is a general ball of fire. The other night, she and her daddy were arguing. (Yes, arguing. She is three. He will be a nervous wreck by the time she turns 16.) He simply looks at her and asks, "But, can you drive the golf cart?" Undaunted by this seemingly non sequitur line of questioning, she looked at him like he was an idiot and said, "YES."

(Story behind the question. When my little sister, Kasey (whom Kristi is A LOT like) was three, she was "golfing" with our father and me. Across the course, Daddy had been letting her drive the golf cart, but as we came into sight of the clubhouse, decided he had better take over. When he tried, she asserted, "I can drive this d@%^ golfcart." She now says she learned those words from Stevie and Kelly, who *don't* read this blog and I can say that about them. hahahahah)

She also likes to wash things that may have germs on them. That is good and acceptable, and I even like to encourage that particular behavior. However, she does not seem to understand why bread and cookies shouldn't be washed as well. . . There's a spiritual lesson in that, but I've not completely worked out what it is.

No comments: