Monday, May 26, 2008

Dear Subway

As I am sure you know, the homeschooling blog world is virtually aflame right now because of your exclusion of homeschoolers in the recent writing contest.

While I do not hold the opinion that all homeschoolers should ban together and boycott Subway, I do feel it is unfortunate that this large contingency of students is being excluded from this opportunity.

I, for one, am simply interested in knowing "WHY?" Much speculation has been given that perhaps it is because of the large grand prize and the potential of a homeschooler to win it? If that is the case, then perhaps in the future, similar contests could simply state that the winner may choose a non-profit educational or community group to receive the prize.

If it was for any other reason than logistics, I would definitely be interested in hearing it. And, I do hope, in the future, consideration and opportunity will be given to all students, not just those in a "traditional" school setting.

Thank you,
Karma Shuford
Homeschool mother of 2


++++++++++++++
(So, I went to read up on this issue, to find the "other side" if you will, and all I can find is blog after blog bemoaning the state of Subway. What is sad, though, is that each site is almost verbatim to the one before it. Come on people. If you are blogging about it, at least use your own words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

No comments: