Friday, May 09, 2008

Ironing Boards

Everyone is afraid of something.

Me?

Snakes rank high on the list; so do heights. I have serious issues with those two things. Other things I can deal with, rationalize away, or just ignore. But, put me in a high room with a snake, and I become prime heart attack candidate.

Tonight, we checked into our motel for our family/Mother'sDay/Anniversary mini vacation. We had been in the room, oh, I don't know, one and a half minutes and Princess Kristiana starts bawling and saying, "Let's leave now. I'm scared. Leave NOW!"

I looked around the room and knew immediately what was causing this lapse of bravado. The ironing board. Kristi is terrified of ironing boards in motel rooms. Don't ask me why, or how, she just is. We discovered this particular fear when she was 20 months old and we were spending a week at Myrtle Beach.

So, now, the ironing board is safely out of sight -- in the shower.

Go figure.

1 comment:

Bernard Shuford said...

But she's not afraid of the water...