Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Technology

Technology can be annoying. Just ask my husband who seems to be IT for everyone in the family AND at his work. Heck, I've even called him to troubleshoot problems at my work at Haywood Community. :)

(Before I go any further, I think it is important to note that we do NOT have a TV. Why that is important, I don't know, but it just feels relevant).

At the beginning of this week, our household had two desktop computers and a laptop.

Then, we were given a computer from the department I work in. We are moving buildings, and to keep from trashing it, they let me bring it home (with no less than 3 boxes of software) to use with Travis. Wanna see it?????





Ain't it a beauty? It works very well, and has some cool math and spelling programs with it. Travis asked me where mouse was, and where you put the CDs to watch videos. When I told it that it didn't have a mouse and that it didn't play videos, I got that "raised eyebrow" "What are you, insane?" look he gives so well.

The fact that it is almost as old as me did not escape him.

Now, you can say you know someone who actually owns and uses an Apple IIe.

Then, tonight, Bernard brought in my mother's day/anniversary present. :) So, you can see that we aren't totally out of date.



So, a quick tally of the Shuford home shows 3 desktops and two laptops. (That doesn't include the kids "V-tech" laptops, btw) for a four person household.

And no TV.

:)

1 comment:

Bernard Shuford said...

Technology is incredibly annoying. Even devastatingly aggravating.