Sunday, June 08, 2008

D'uh

New story at msnbc ---> Photographer jumps with camera -- no parachute

First of all, my sympathies to the family. To have a loved one die, at any time, for any reason, is sad. To have have an entire nation reading about the death and commenting on how stupid it was has to be unbearable.

As a photographer, it makes sense and it doesn't. I have an absolutely paralyzing fear of heights, unless I have a camera in my hand. I have been known to look around from trying to get "that shot," only to find myself in a terrifying position much higher than I would like.

(Of course, Bernard was usually nearby to help me out of the chair or off of the step ladder).

So, I do understand that in the quest for getting THE shot, sometimes common sense and safety measures are forgotten.

But, jumping out of a plane without a chute?!?

No comments: