Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Why I Teach . . .

I got this email this evening from the mother of a former student. He graduated from my class last Winter, just before Christmas.

{The Student} is 2nd in his class in AIT (Bernard tells me this is Advanced Infantry Training) school, CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT???? His lowest test was an 85.5 the rest have been 93 to 95's, He is 2 points behind the honor grad, he graduates the 27th of July and then he will be home for a month and then goes to Germany, he will he there for two months and then deployed to Afghanistan for 15 months then back to Germany for two months and the to Kuwait for 15 months, I don't think I am going to sleep for 3 years... But he is happy, YOU should be proud, {His brother, also a former student when I taught in public schools}, he is one of {local high school}'s failures and one of YOUR success stories. {Brother} is working in Asheville as a mechanic and very happy, he stays as far away from Haywood County as he can but he does say to tell you Hello and you helped him immensely.


I would say that I didn't post this to brag on myself, but that would kinda of defeat the purpose of posting it, wouldn't it? (big grin)

No comments: