Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Father's Day

This Sunday is Father's Day. I am dreading it more this year than I have in the past 6 or so. I told my mom yesterday, I think it is because I am just now dealing with Daddy's heart attack, subsequent coma, and death.

These pictures are ones that just remind me of my dad, for whatever reason.







I think of my Daddy when I see. . .

boston baked beans
junior mints
rolaids
Douglas Lake
false teeth
woodcarvings
"Little Champion"
marching band competitions
little league sports dads
Wrangler jeans
"daddy" shirts
Old Spice
Grandfather Mountain
Myrtle Beach
Disney World
"out west"
rest stops in the rear view window
conversion vans
crossword puzzles
Louis L'Amour books
Jeep Commandos
huntin' dogs
shotguns
fishing poles
Large Mouth Bass
minnows
Evinrude
bass boats
black bears
Friday night football
autumn colors
mountains
recliners
cameras
rattle snakes
trout fishing
rivers
hand tied flies
golf clubs
horses
mimosa trees
mountain laurel
gingseng
Maggie Valley
Ammons Drive-In
soft serve ice cream
banana splits

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Karma. I know this weekend will be difficult. May God fill you with wonderful memories until the day of your great reunion.

Anonymous said...

What a touching post. Father's Day must be so difficult. I will be thinking of you.

Karma Shuford said...

Thank you. :)