Monday, June 02, 2008

The Potty Polish Project -- Victory

VICTORY!! (at least for now)

I have been trying to get Kristi to use her potty for almost a year.

We have:
* bought new potties
* offered her money
* tried motivational stickers
* offered her any toys she wanted
* put her in big girl panties, anyway (NOT my favorite)

and a couple of other things I can't remember.

She is not afraid of the potty.
There is nothing physically wrong with her to prevent her from going.

She simply did not want to.

Now, I have never seen a relatively normal child graduate from high school without being potty trained, so I know it WILL happen, but I am so tired of buying diapers.

True story:

She picked out a toy she wanted. I told her if she would go potty 5 times, she could have the toy. Cool, she agreed. The first time on the potty, she sat there a minute, looked at me, and said, "I weawwy don't want that toy." got up and went to get a diaper back on.

Finally, though, I have found something that is working, at least for now.

She loves to have her fingernails painted. LOVES it. So, I told her the only time I would paint her nails was if she was sitting on the potty.

It didn't work the first day, but for the past two days, that has been the first place she has headed upon awakening.

YEAH!!!!

No comments: