Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My Happy Place

What takes me to my happy place?

chocolate ice cream
rainbows
sleeping late
having a day with nothing to do but spend with family
roadtrips
making lists :)
snickers bars
when a student finally gets it
when all the dishes are done
when all the laundry is done
when bernard does said laundry
making my husband laugh
watching my kids have fun
reading a good book
separating my m&ms into colors before I eat them
not using capital letters
taking pictures
naps on rainy days
getting money in my mailbox
baking brownies
people commenting on my blog (or pictures at dpc)
making new friends
finishing my paperwork at the college
when my mom buys me new clothes
calvin and hobbes
getting my cc paid off (well, it WILL make me happy)
beautiful sunsets (i don't do sunrises)
the smell of my son after his bath
my daughter's grin
hugs
good music
getting my haircut
losing 5 pounds



ahhhh, my happy place

5 comments:

Tony said...

I notice that just plain "Bernard" didn't make the cut. Shameful

:)

And i thought I was the only anal-retentive one where M & M's were concerned...I eat the brown ones first and save the green ones for last. :)

Bernard Shuford said...

Just plain Bernard can't be separated into colors, so there ya go.

Road trip. 22 days.

Karma Shuford said...

Woohoo! I now can say that I have comments from 100% of my readers. Ah, the few and the faithful.

I don't go by colors. I eat the one that has the fewest, then work up to the most. Did you know that for Valentine's day, they sold bags of just green m&ms? I couldn't find red, pink or white (except for the tiny little bags). Just green.

A friend of mine once said -- It's not a party if there are no m&ms. I find that true in life as well.

And, Bernard is anything but "plain." :) And, yes, road trip in 22 days.

I like my happy place.

Tony said...

September cannot get here fast enough. I need a solid week with JUST family.

You start with the least and move up? Nahhh...I start with the ugliest color and move up to the best; from brown to yellow to orange to red to blue to green...

Bernard, they ain't nothing vanilla about you, bro!

Karma Shuford said...

True, true. No vanilla 'bout Bernard, though that does seem to be his favorite flavor. :)