Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Eagle View Ed. Center -- Now OPEN and Ready for Business

Our school year started yesterday. (I would have posted this yesterday, but satellite + heavy cloud cover = sporadic Internet. If you are reading this, it means that I was able to stay online long enough to post!)

Before we could start "learning," though, I had some work to do.

Here is the corner of the basement that we use for our classroom. It, umm, has been a "storage" area all summer, and obviously needs some work.



So, I worked. and worked. and worked. All the mice are going to return from summer vacation and find their houses gone. (We live in the middle of a field; mice are inevitable.)


And, then, we were ready to go.



The first day of school. Yes, that is an Apple IIe!



Travis does not like the name of our school -- so we made Ninja Turtles and the Princesses our mascots.

EVEC -- home of the Ninja Turtles (and the Princesses).

2 comments:

M. Steve Heartsill said...

So...I see that none of our suggestions made the cut...I was afraid of that!

I do like the Ninja Turtle mascot...which one is his favorite?

What a computer for you to teach on! They'll be fully up to speed on the Internet, computer, and word processing in no time!

Karma Shuford said...

yea, none of yours. Sorry 'bout that. We put the decision off for as long as possible, but finally just had to decide on something.

His favorite NT is the blue one -- leonardo, maybe?

That computer is hilarious. We were moving at work, and it still works, so they didn't want to throw it out, but we didn't have room for it in the new place. We also had stacks and stacks of software for it.

It has been a culture shock for Travis, though, who is fairly computer literate.

his first question was, "Where is the mouse?" The next was, "Where do you put the CDs?"

Then, I could not find my jump/thumb drive ANYWHERE. As we were cleaning (read: we = I), I found it in his desk and ask him about it. he told me he was thought maybe that would help him connect to the Internet.

For stuff that he needs a "real" 'puter for, I'll let him use my laptop. :) But, for practice, yep, the Apple II e is it.