Thursday, August 28, 2008

Read Carefully

Caramel Truffles recipe

26 caramels
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon shortening

Line an 8-inch square dish with plastic wrap and set aside.

In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels, milk chocolate chips and cream. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1 minute longer, stirring every 15 seconds or until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Spread into prepared dish; refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.

Using plastic crap, lift candy out of pan. Cut into 30 pieces; roll each piece into a 1-inch ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip caramels in chocolate and place on wax paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until firm.

Makes 2 1/2 dozen.


This was copied directly from a web page.

Methinks someone didn't proofread carefully enough. . . .

Sometimes mistakes are obvious, and benign. Sometimes, though, mistakes can change the very nature of what you want to communicate.

2 comments:

Bill (cycleguy) said...

Karma: Even though I am not fond of "that" word I had to laugh. I find myself with dyslexia when I type and if I don't proof could find myself in hot water.

Karma Shuford said...

Yea, I thought of you when I posted this, but it was just too "raw" to pass up.

It is one thing to find my own typos, but when I'm ready late at night, and something like that jumps out at me, well, it is just kinda weird.

As a photographer, I frequent a lot of photography sites. The most common typo is to type an "i" instead of an "o" in the word shot.