Monday, August 04, 2008

Somedays, I love "Photoshop"

except, I don't use Photoshop, I use PaintShopPro, so maybe the title should be "Somedays, I love PaintshopPro."

My goal is to get the absolute best picture straight out of the camera. The kids in the park the other day were that way. Very little besides cropping was done. However, there are instances when I know going into the shot that I'm going to have to dig.

We like to put pictures of stuff/events on the church website. This means that when we have a special speaker, singer, etc. I will go to the back of the church so as to be unobtrusive (it is a small church), and I won't use a flash because I'm really too far away for it to do a lot of good, and a bright light flashing in the middle of a song is just weird for me. Especially since I'm the source of the bright light.

So, long lens + slow lens + no flash + camera that does poorly at high ISO + shutter speed too fast (to stop the motion) = work in post processing.

Original




Processed

3 comments:

dterryphotography said...

From the thumbnail, I thought Hilary Clinton and George Bush had decided to join forces and sing together.... now THAT would definitely be an image worth processing. :-)

M. Steve Heartsill said...

It's best to leave them in the dark...It really is best for some things not to come to the light of day...or photoshop!

Karma Shuford said...

David, I had not thought of that, but you are right on! George and Hilary.
hahahahahha