Wednesday, July 09, 2008

95 Days

Bernard is working on his personal health and fitness. He's been doing pretty good at it, as well.

SEE??

And, that got me to thinking. (scary, eh?) It wouldn't do for him to get all fit and buff, and me still sitting around breathing heavy after walking up a flight of steps. Admittedly, I've been going at it half-heartedly for several months now, AND I am 20 pounds lighter than I was at the end of January, but still. . . .

When I was a consultant for Mary Kay, we would have "100 Day" challenges, on the premise that you can do anything, intensely, for 100 days.

So, I thought about it and decided to do a 100 day challenge for myself to generally help develop some healthier attitudes.

I counted and realized that day 95 fell on the most awesome day of the year -- October 12 (It's right up there with April 20, January 11, February 8, [eta=May 10] and December 25). :)

So, in 95 days, I should be eating better, sleeping better, exercising more, and generally more self-controlled. :)

9 comments:

Bernard Shuford said...

I'm about trashed today, so don't do too many hard days in a row... Tomorrow's gotta be an easier day.

Bernard Shuford said...

Oh, and by the way, I've got a long way to "fit and buff."

My current mantra is that I'm "always moving toward being the man that I'm supposed to be." The gains day by day seem awfully small, but keep moving.

Karma Shuford said...

If I don't get to feeling better, I'm not sure I"m going to be moving at all. :(

Tony said...

Oct. 12th--anniversary maybe?

Karma Shuford said...

Nope. I'm more selfish that that -- anniversary is May 1oth (which SHOULD be on the list -- I will add it).

Tony said...

So, uhhh, what is October 12th; or is it none of my business?

Bernard Shuford said...

That would be the day she gets one year closer to 40...

Karma Shuford said...

yep. my last birthday falls on 10/12. I will then enter a state of perpetual 39. :)

Just kidding. I don't mind turning 40 in a year or so.

At least, I don't think I do. :/

Karma Shuford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.