Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Homemade Ice Cream

We made ice cream at the Sr. Center this morning, and much to my surprise, it was actually very good.

I'm going to make it with the kids this weekend. :)

1/2 cup of milk or half-n-half
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
6 tablespoons of rock salt
gallon size ziploc bag
pint size ziploc bag
ice

Put the milk, sugar and vanilla in the small bag.
Put the ice and rocksalt in the large one. Add the small bag and shake for around five minutes.
Wipe the small bag off (or you will get a really salty bite on occasion), open and enjoy.

:)

If you don't do the whole dairy thing, apparently, you can use fruit juice and make a sorbet of sorts.

3 comments:

Tony said...

This is your hobby? Making ice cream in a bag? Forget a hobby. Get a life.

Nah, actually this is a net idea we'll try with our younguns. ;)

Karma Shuford said...

I'm working on it. I said 24 hours, not 24 minutes.

True works of art take time. :)

Karma Shuford said...

Oooops, I didn't say 24 hours, did I? Well, I THOUGHT it, and that's gotta count for something, right?