Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Don't Worry; Be Happy

Bernard got one of these (the top picture, not the swing set; we're still working on that.


So, he cooked supper tonight. :) Mostly.

Helped my mood immensely. That and I got the house sort of straigtened up AND my floors are so clean you could almost eat off them. I wouldn't even be embarrassed if the Sisks showed up.


Wait a minute, I wasn't embarrassed the last time they were over. :)

The downside is that the inlaws picked the kiddos up so they could take Travis fishing. Supper was very quiet, and calm. For that matter, the house is really quiet and calm right now. I don't think I like that as well.

The ants are at bay for the moment.

The dishes still have to be done, but the dishwasher is empty and clean (does the inside of your dw get gunky and nasty, or is it just mine?), so that is a quickie job.

My world is good, right now. Well, better than 12 hours ago.

I have a lot to be thankful for. I probably should stop whining and "be happy."

(A YouTube video of Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy" was here, but the code kept messing up. :()

2 comments:

Tony said...

Well, if we did show up, Bernard and I have unfinished business to take care of in the yard.

Tell him I have a big guy named Fat Charlie coming along with us.

And on the Youtube code, I don't know if this will help, but you cannot just copy and paste it to the "compose" section; you have to click over to "Edit HTML" and copy it there.

Bernard Shuford said...

I'm pretty fat, too, but I bet I can outrun Charlie.