Tuesday, July 22, 2008

VBS Day 2

Little boys amuse me. They truly do. Maybe it's because I'm a "girl" so I can understand the female mindset and the motives behind the actions. I don't have that advantage with boys.

I had two little boys in my class tonight. And, they were all boy.

For some reason, one of them loves to be under the table. At one point in the lesson, my assistant looked around and panicked when she didn't see Andrew. I simply pointed, and he was all scrooched up listening. Then, when we went back into "big church" for the final assembly, he didn't want to sing, so he sat with me on the pew. For a minute. The next thing I knew, he was under the table Bernard uses for the projector.

The other little boy would answer, "Mary Jane," for every question I asked.

"Who was the baby put in the basket?" MARY JANE
"Where did they put the basket and the baby? MARY JANE
"Who found the basket?" MARY JANE

"Who were the four men wanting to take their friend to see?" MARY JANE
"How did they get their friend in the house to see Jesus?" MARY JANE

After several rounds of this, my "teacher training" kicked in and I decided to engineer some success for this little guy, who, to the best of my knowledge, may have never been in church before.

"Who is your friend?" MOSES

I don't *think* he was doing it deliberately; he honestly seemed confused.

I have days like that.

Two days down, three to go.


,

3 comments:

Tony said...

Two days down, three to go.

That is my exact sentiment during Bible School. (Wait...can the preacher say that?)

(Out loud?)

(To other church people?)

M. Steve Heartsill said...

Nice story Mary Jane...

Your Friend,

Moses

PS...just helping you continue to live in the fresh moments of last night!

Karma Shuford said...

Tony, YOU'RE a PREACHER???????

hehehe. Sometime, I'll have to tell you what our preacher's wife said to me.

Thanks Steve. You're a pal.

:P