Thursday, July 24, 2008

Neat Idea

One of our service projects in Bible School this week is to write letters to soldiers. For a lot of them, we are simply sending letters through our local armory. For two of them, though, we are going to put together care packages. In searching out what is good to send, and what is not, I came across this website.

Treats for Troops


You can even "Foster" an individual soldier through the website, or "foster" a whole unit.

And, maybe I'm just hormonal or something, but this page made me cry.

I am very much a homebody. The thought of being halfway around the world, away from my family and friends is just downright scary to me. Also, today, one of my former students left for Germany, and will be in Iraq in a few weeks.

I pray daily for their safety and quick return.

No comments: